In the second level of The Art of Slow Comedy, you will apply the slow and patient style you learned in (Fun)damentals to create successful and more memorable two-person scenes. You will learn to trust your instincts, and know that everything you need for a great scene is off your partner. And you’ll get direct feedback from Jimmy on your strengths and weaknesses to hone your skills as an improviser.
This class will focus on:
- How to create organic two-person scenes by listening and building off the last the words spoken
- Making the “game in the scene” simple
- Creating strong, believable characters with comedic points of view
- Starting your scene in the middle
- Stopping being so polite on stage
- Going to the dark side
- Heightening through emotion and/or premise
It is NOT required to have taken Level 1 in order to take this class, but instructor approval is required.
Class runs Wednesdays from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Green Shirt Studio from Sept. 6 through Oct. 11. Only $259 if you register by Aug. 23 ($289 after). Class limited to 14 people. No refunds or transfers once payment is received.