In this first level of Jimmy Carrane’s unique method, you will learn that you don’t have to invent something to be funny; audiences respond to real life situations and performers who are brave enough to be honest. This class is appropriate for those new to improv and seasoned improvisers looking for a new approach.
In this six-week class, you will learn how to:
- Respond emotionally to your scene partner
- Use the environment and object work to make powerful scenes
- Be authentic and vulnerable on stage
- Improvise with all your emotions, including anger
- Develop your unique comedic voice
- Play the reality of the scene
- Perform both group and two-person scenes
Class limited to 14 people. Wednesdays from 6:30-8:30 p.m. from July 12-Aug. 16 at Green Shirt Studio, 4407 N. Clark St., Chicago. Only $259 if you register by June 28 ($289 after). Register Here
NOTE: Once your payment is received, there are no refunds or transfers on this class.