In the second level of the Art of Slow Comedy, you’ll discover a new approach to your scene work. Jimmy’s gentle approach helps you strip away the pressure to be funny so your scenes can be more honest, authentic and yes, funny. You will develop a strong level of trust with your fellow players and yourself, so you can go further in your scene work than you ever have before. You will come to realize that everything you need to do great scene work is right in front of you.
In this six-week class, you’ll focus on two-person and multiple-person scenes, helping you to develop your improv muscles. Plus, Jimmy will give you the chance to re-do scenes so you can approach them with a different perspective, and he’ll give you side-coaching and direct feedback to help you find your blind spots so you can progress quickly.
This class will focus on:
- Creating organic scenes by listening and building off the last the words spoken
- Making the “game in the scene” simple
- Creating strong, believable characters with comedic points of view
- Starting your scene in the middle
- Stopping your characters from being so polite on stage
- Learning how to heighten the emotion or premise of a scene
This class is appropriate for improvisers who have studied at other institutions, actors who want to be more spontaneous with scripts or auditions, or those who have taken Art of Slow Comedy Level 1. (It is not required to have taken Level 1 to take this class).
Wednesdays from 7-9 p.m. Central Time from Nov. 4-Dec. 16 via Zoom. Only $259 if you register by Oct. 21! ($289 after).
NOTE: Once your payment is received, there are no refunds or transfers on this class.