In the second level of Jimmy’s class, you will use the slow and patient style of The Art of Slow Comedy to create two-person scenes that are easy, effortless and memorable. In this class, you will work on:
- Creating organic two-person scenes by listening and building off the last the words spoken
- Making the “game in the scene” simple
- Creating strong, believable characters with comedic points of view
- Starting your scene in the middle
- Stopping being so polite on stage
- Going to the dark side
- Heightening through emotion and/or premise
This class is limited to 14 students. Class will take place on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:30 p.m. from July 11 through Aug. 15 at Green Shirt Studio, 4407 N. Clark St., Chicago. Only $259 if you register by June 27 ($289 after).
There are no refunds or transfers once payment has been received.