Looking for a new approach to your improv? In Jimmy Carrane’s online Art of Slow Comedy weekend intensives, you’ll spend five hours learning a more honest approach to improvisation, which teaches students that before they can be funny they need to be real. By slowing down and shutting up, you will connect with your partner on a different level, making long form as easy as having a conversation.
In addition, you’ll begin to find your authentic voice. You can take the pressure off yourself to be funny — you just have to be yourself. The more you can tap into your own life experiences and be vulnerable on stage, the more laughs you will get from the audience.
Jimmy will observe your work to find out what you are doing well and help you find your blind spots so you can be more a memorable and funny performer.
- Learn how to react honestly and emotionally to your scene partner
- Learn how to create organic scenes by listening and building off of the last word spoken
- Learn how to create strong and believable characters
- Discover how to recognize and heighten the game of the scene
- Learn how to start in the middle so your scenes will soar
- Limited to 10 people!
Jan. 9-10, 2021
1-3:30 p.m. Central Time on both Saturday and Sunday via Zoom.
Only $139 if you register by Jan. 3. ($159 after) Please note that there are no refunds or transfers once payment has been received.