Experience Jimmy Carrane’s unique method of improvisation in an eight-hour intensive. The Art of Slow Comedy teaches students that before they can be funny, they need to be real and how to slow down so they can find the game in the scene quicker. In this two-day intensive, you’ll learn how to emotionally connect with your partner so your scene work will be more grounded and real, making long-form as easy as having a conversation.
Things that workshop participants have worked on in the past include…
- Learning to react honestly and emotionally to your scene partner
- Creating organic scenes by listening and building off of the last word spoken
- Learning how to create strong and believable characters
- How to recognize and heighten the game of the scene
- Starting in the middle so your scenes will soar
12:30-4:30 pm July 15 and 16. $259 (Sign up by June 24 to get the Early Bird Price of $229). Register here.