https://jimmycarrane.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/new-years.jpg 1126 1688 Jimmy Carrane Jimmy Carrane2017-12-22 18:41:402017-12-29 17:13:46My Wishes for You in 2018
We are about to start a new year very shorty, and before we get there, I wanted to share with you my 10 wishes for you in 2018.
- To not take yourself so seriously. Being able to make fun of yourself is sign you have a real sense of humor.
- To not care as much about what other people think of you.
- To continue to learn by failing.
- To not measure your success by what you are getting or not getting, but how much you are improving.
- To ask for help when you are stuck, in a slump or discouraged.
- To not hold back on stage, or with compliments to your fellow performers.
- To know that if you want to get good at this you will need patience. Years of patience.
- To know that the best class you can take is having a bad show. And I hope you have many best classes.
- To not get too cocky when you have that great show. Once you think you have all the answers you stop learning, and when that happens, you stop getting better. You die and your improv follows.
- And most importantly to enjoy the journey. That is where you are right now, and if you can do that with enthusiasm, opportunities will come to you that you never expected.
Have a great 2018. I will talk to you next year. (I never get tired of that joke).